We have come a long way. I feel like I’ve been pregnant FOREVER! It’s taken me a long time to write this post because there are so many things I have wanted to write about. It’s been hard to narrow it down and gather my thoughts. I try to make this inspirational and helpful to other, and often times, I just feel like I’m updating you all. So here is an update because my mind is so scatter brained lately.
Here are a few things that have been going on lately (pregnancy/body wise):
- shortness of breath
- swollen feet and legs
- boobs are so sore
- lots of baby movement – constantly moving around jabbing me
- not sleeping and can’t take naps
- pelvic pain and pressure – mostly at night
- can have trouble walking a lot
- heartburn like whoa
- just a few mood swings
Here are things that have been going on lately (not body wise):
- the house can’t stay clean and all I want to do is clean/organize
- I went to two different Targets in one day to get a changing pad and crib sheets because I just want the nursery done. And I’m still going crazy that it’s not done yet.
- Lincoln’s new nickname is ‘velcro’ – he is attached to either me or Jake at all times
- I’m addicted to watching ‘Jane the Virgin’ – it’s actually pretty good
- I’ve been eating Almond Crackers, pop tarts, and am obsessed with Steak Sandwiches
- Dad and Jackie got us (Jake) the best stroller – so Jake was putting that together and is excited to use it.
- Jake is trying out new coffee recipes knowing he will be tired soon because of no sleep
- We had our Minneapolis baby shower – more on that later!
A moment I will remember:
Jake and I were “glamping” with his parents over the Fourth of July week. One night, we were laying in bed and I put Jake’s hand on my side. He could feel all the rolls, kicks, turns, and jabs from Wilder. It was so cool to have him feel all of the movements. We laughed about it – mostly because Jake thought it was sort of creepy. It was the perfect moment between us two. And Lincoln since he sleeps on our pillows.
A moment Jake will remember:
I enjoyed working on the nursery together as we were preparing to become a family. We decided on designs and the theme of the nursery that we both liked. However, I made sure it was a theme that she really liked to ensure she wouldn’t want to change it again before the baby comes. So we decided on Wookie the Chew and a woods theme (plus some added touches that I liked (LED strip lighting in the closet, and a little TV on the wall. Other than a few stressful moments where she wanted to declutter and remove a bunch of stuff we added to the room, we have stuck to the theme thus far. Only a few more weeks, and then she won’t have time to change it anymore.
-side note Jake really wrote that. It took a lot of convincing though.
Our 37 week appointment was today. Here is what we learned –
I am a fingertip dilated and 60% effaced. Baby boy hasn’t dropped yet, but his head is down. My doctor said that could mean I could have a shorter labor. As he left, he fist bumped me and said “see you next week, or in 24 hrs” But our next appointment is next week.
Since he hasn’t dropped and I’ve had minor contractions and pain – I think I’m still good for a bit.
Some baby bump pics:
So excited to meet our little man!