Phew. We’re getting closer Wilder. 6 more weeks.
I was just thinking about what all crazy things my body is doing lately, and realized something. I always knew what pregnancy was. I knew that women’s bodies changed. I know that they get tired and swollen and out of breath.
I just didn’t know exactly how bad or hard it could be. I guess I had put it out of my mind that I wouldn’t or couldn’t get pregnant, that I didn’t give pregnant women the credit they deserve. I wondered why they stopped doing things they enjoyed. Why they stopped working a few weeks before birth. I get it now.
I have to plan bathroom breaks now. I plan when I’m going to eat. I also carry food and water in my purse and hide food in my car for when I’m stuck in traffic.
Here’s what going on with the 34th week of pregnancy:
- Constantly out of breath. Putting shoes on and changing. Walking up the stairs. etc.
- Ribcage pain. It’s so sore under my boobs because the ribs are expanding and the boobs are growing.
- Shin splints. I’ve dealt with the upper leg pain for months but now the lower half of my legs are numb and stinging making it hard to stand and walk.
- Swollen feet. They actually hurt. If I wear flats, heels, or go barefoot, my feet hurt. I told Jake to get used to giving me foot rubs everyday now.
- Acid reflux. I’ve now turned to Zantac instead of tums. It’s bad when you wake up in the middle of the night with a mouth full of throw up.
- Not too many mood swings, but I can get hangry.
- Back and hip pain
- I just peed my pants because I sneezed….
How it is being pregnant and working/owning a business:
It’s hard for sure. I can barely get out of bed some days because my body hurts so bad. I go into work and am so tired and achy that it’s hard to concentrate or get comfortable at work. I also have the need to clean and rearrange the store, but I have no energy.
I took a few appointments last week. I love taking appointments and had a great experience with the brides. Even sold a dress. But, it was so hard to stand and talk to them. I was out of breath and my legs were in so much pain. I have a few more Saturdays of work, but it is for sure hard to handle the appointments and be on my feet all day.
Managing the day can be tough, but I’m trucking through it. I’m thankful for my girls to help me while I’m trying to navigate this pregnancy!
I know that it will all be worth it. Wilder is already so worth it. I love feeling his hiccups. His little jabs (even when they hurt). And when he starts moving after Jake starts talking.
I’m growing as well. At our last appointment, I weighed in at 168 lbs. That’s 41 lbs up from my starting weight. My doctor checked my swollen feet and said he could still see my ankles (so I guess that’s a good thing). As of right now, we are doing good. No concerns. Next check up next week.
Here is a sneak peek of our maternity shoot when I was 32 weeks pregnant:
I can’t wait to get the rest of the photos!
PS – Look at this cute step stool Lyndsey had made for Wilder:
34 Week bump pic with my friend Lyndsey. Her and hubby Steve (Jake and Steve went to HS and College together) and toddler Gavin came to visit. She is pregnant with baby #2!